Week 19 (17 week on sheet) Voicemail From Boss

Prompt
You get into work and find that your boss has left a voicemail message is urgent. But what's peculiar is that it is not work relate.

My Creativity
I got into work early, threw my stuff on the floor, and was about to get my coffee when I noticed that the message button was flashing on the phone. Normally I wouldn't think anything of it, but I couldn't remember the last time it was flashing first thing in the morning. Out of curiosity i thought I'd listen to it first.

Still standing, I grabbed the phone. I entered my password. I hated the message about having a message. I mean no kidding; why do you think I want to check for messages. It took me a moment to realize that the voice leaving the message was my boss.

"Julian, we need to discuss something of a personal nature. Please come to my office as soon as you get. It is urgent."

My heart sank. She wasn't the type of person to discuss non-business related information. I didn't even grab my purse or close my office door. I went straight there. As I walked into her office, she stood up.

"Julian, please sit down."

Without hesitation I sat. I didn't even notice that there were other people in the room.

"These gentlemen are here to talk to you." She gestured towards two police officers.

It was something to do with my children. Before they even started talking I started to cry. One of the officers walked over and put her hand on my shoulder.

The other started to talk, "Julian I am sorry to say that there has been an accident." My crying turned into full on sobbing. "Your husband was involved in a..."

That's all I heard. It couldn't be real.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 22 (week 20 on list) Playing with Fire

Week 21 ( Week 19 on sheet) A Cold Where You....Instead of Sneeze

Week 20 (week 18 on sheet) - You See a Face Through Your Dark Window