Week 20 (week 18 on sheet) - You See a Face Through Your Dark Window

Prompt
You always look out of dark window windows and wonder if something is out there. One night when you look, a small face with bright eyes appears at the window. Write about what you do, who/what it is, and why it's there.

My Creativity
I'm about to turn the lights out in my office. As always, I stop at the door and look out the window and into the darkness. Something I've been doing since I was a little girl. Just as I am about to turn around to leave the room, I spot something. Slowly I walk towards the windows. In the distance, out the left window, I see a pair of bright green eyes. Clear as can be, there is a small face with vibrant eyes staring at me just as I am staring at it.

I tilt my head slightly, the small head mimics my movement. I return my head to the centre, the small head does the same. I worry that if I leave the room to go outside, the being will vanish. Perhaps run off out of fear. I just know that I can't stand in my office all night without knowing who it is and why it is there.

I put my hand up, trying to motion for it to wait. I walked towards the doorway without averting me eyes. I am so focused on keeping eye contact that I bump into the door. Again, I put my hand up I, asking it to stay. I hope it can see the gesture.

As quickly as I can, I run towards the backdoor. I swing it open. The noise of the springs are louder than I realize. My heart stops. I can't see the eyes. I've lost the face.

"Hello," I call out in almost a whisper. No reply. I take. Step out into the darkness. "Hello," I call a little bit louder. Still nothing.

I can't even feel the frost on my feet as I walk away from the door towards my office window. I am trying to make myself small and less intimidating. I hear the rustle of leaves. I stop, although every part of me wants to run towards the sound. I look towards the noise and standing only a foot or so away is the small face, with its glowing green eyes.

I open my mouth to speak. Nothing! I am suddenly muted of sound. We both take tiny steps forward, almost on tiptoes. We are so close that we can feel each other's breath.

"You don't need to fear me," I hear inside my mind. It is not my voice, but no lips moved on the face. "I have watched you since you were young,". I'm not sure why, but this relaxes me slightly. An odd comfort has wrapped itself around me. "You know me," she pauses. "We have met before".

A rush of strange thoughts, completely irrational, illogical, random thoughts. I see red, and water, and cords. I do know know her. She was my...No it wasn't possible. It couldn't be.

"Don't fight it. You know it is truth."

She was my twin. A twin only in utero and never in life. "I show myself to you now only because I must." There was a hint of fear in her voice. "I show myself to you now only too warn you that he is coming."

He? "He is coming? He who? He why?"

There is no reply. I strain my eyes slightly to find the small face, the eyes that were standing I front of me, but they are gone. "He who?" I scream into the night air. Nothing. Silence. No reply.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 22 (week 20 on list) Playing with Fire

Week 21 ( Week 19 on sheet) A Cold Where You....Instead of Sneeze